Saturday, May 26, 2007

Eight reasons NOT to use mysql? Come on!

I've just read this article:
http://www.cio.com/article/113111/Eight_Sound_Reasons_Not_to_Use_MySQL
Yes, I admit, I didn't read the whole of it.
However this is my opinion about it. I saw it in the news bar on the right side of my blog. There I usually find news. This was on slashdot, which referred to the above site. Slashdot usually writes news, not opinions, right? The news are supposed to be NEWS, NOT OPINIONS. True, but not in this case.
Okay, maybe a C# developer, living in North Dacota doesn't like mysql, because he can afford or should use mssql for his project(s). Does that mean
I'm a web developer, mainly using php with combination of mysql for storing data. I haven't seen anything better than mysql, so I use it. And it is free. So tell me why should I listen to someone telling me to buy something, just because he thinks it is better.
Software is like sex - it's better when it's free!

No comments: